The New Moon will fall on May 5, at 8.45 am in Melbourne (AEST), The luminaries come together at 14 degrees and 10 minutes of Taurus, so in it’s powerful 11th degree. The Sabian symbol is “A woman watering flowers in her garden”, this speaks of cultivation in this case, of the ego. You need to develop the powers of your mind, in order to become fully ego-conscious. The human body goes through the same development cycles as a plant in nature after all.
The Sun and Moon will be merging energy with the asteroid Astraea, a Goddess who despaired with the state of mankind on Earth and asked to be allowed to live in the stars as the constellation of Virgo. The luminaries will be making an easy opposition to the Nodal Axis, with a trine or easy flowing connection to the South Node. Neptune will be making a similar connection to the North Node so compassion and imagination will help.
With the Sun and Moon in the sign of Taurus, the energy focus is on:
• Creating security and stability, protecting your physical interests
• Practical goals, being logical and methodical, patient and careful
• Working hard, balancing the budget, ensuring a steady income
• Physical comfort, indulging the five senses, sex
• Family and peaceful, harmonious relationships
• Losing weight, embarking on healthy exercise and diets
• Meet single-minded persistent commitments
The area most aligned with the position of the New Moon can be best gleaned from your natal horoscope chart, however if you only know your Sun Sign, then affirmations around the areas indicated on the next page are likely to be the most powerful, but some adjustment may be required to the life areas below: