The Libra New Moon will occur tomorrow, October 20 at 6.12 am (AEDT). New Moon’s are fertile times, of new beginnings when we can sow the seeds of new plans and projects, setting out our affirmations for the month ahead. It is when our outer consciousness and awareness symbolized by the Sun, exactly merges energy in the sky overhead, with our emotional, unconsciousness represented by the Moon. If you like it is a coming together of our masculine and feminine selves our animus and our anima.
On this occasion the pair are making an almost exact opposition to the planet Uranus in Aries, so will be trying to bring about this integration in an environment where there is a strong drive to be true to ourselves and dance to our own choreography.
Jupiter and Mercury in Scorpio will be within 8 degrees of the luminaries as they come together, causing us to deeply examine what we believe will bring magic to our relationships.
The conjunction of the luminaries will occur at 27 degrees and 35 minutes of Libra, so in the 28th degree. The Sabian symbol for this is “An airplane sails high in the clear sky”, talking to us about our consciousness, which is able to transcend the conflicts and pressures of our personal life, bringing us transcendent realization and compelling change opportunities.
Libra is the favourite sign of the planet Venus, where she feels strongest and is most able to act according to her true nature. So Venus is said to be the ruler of this New Moon, having a strong influence on it especially being in Libra although not making a close aspect to the Sun and Moon.
Venus represents our desire nature and is especially strong at the time, as she is unaspected as well, so not having to sing to anyone else’s tune.
The Sun and Moon are moving close to the asteroid Hopi, representing the wisdom of the Native American Indians who live in close integration with the land. So it is hoped we can spare time to look at the bigger picture in what we are trying to bring in through our affirmations.
With the Sun and Moon in the sign of Libra, the energy focus is on:
• Seeking and maintaining balance and a peaceful environment
• Relating more deeply and harmoniously with those you love in all areas of life
• Surrounding yourself with beautiful things
• Remaining upbeat about perceived threats to your relationships, developing more self-belief and inner security
• Assessing expectations, especially within relationships, ensuring that they are reasonable and achievable, where possible remaining open to what happens in the moment
• Stimulating your intellect through discussion or study of alternative views
• Making decisions about situations you have been procrastinating over
The area most aligned with the position of the New Moon can be best gleaned from your natal horoscope chart, however if you only know your Sun Sign, then affirmations around the areas indicated on the next page are likely to be the most powerful, but some adjustment may be required to the life areas below: