The Aquarius New Moon ushers in the Chinese New Year of the Rooster on January 28 at 11.08 am (AEDT) at 8 degrees and 15 minutes of Aquarius. The Sabian Symbol for 9 degrees of Aquarius is “A flag is seen turning into an eagle” it represents the dynamic incorporation of new social values in individuals who exemplify the spiritual potential and greatest significance of these values, in other words acting out the vision.
This Aquarius New Moon is one powerful New Moon as the monthly alignment of the luminaries almost exactly merges energy with the conjunction of the two powerhouses of the Egyptian cosmology, the asteroids Isis and Osiris. They meet every couple of years and this is the sixth time their nuptials have spanned the axis of Leo and Aquarius. There is something here to be learned about individuality, being true to yourself and regal responsibility. But overall it tells us that this is a year when our Rooster ego needs to be prepared to mellow and bend to the power of relationship. Extra significant for those with planets or angles from 7 to 9 degrees of Fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius).
With the Sun and Moon in the sign of Aquarius, the energy focus that balances this is on:
• Being a humanitarian, concerned about the environment, resources and animals
• Putting the needs of the community above your own
• Challenging conventional thinking, seeking fairness and equality
• Becoming involved in group activities with your tribe of likeminded people
• Seeking freedom and the ability to detach from your emotional patterning
• Being true to your individuality
• Coming up with original and unique inspirational ideas
• Increasing your knowledge in what makes people behave the way they do
The area most aligned with the position of the New Moon can be best gleaned from your natal horoscope chart, however if you only know your Sun Sign, then affirmations around the areas indicated on the next page are likely to be the most powerful, but some adjustment may be required